If you purchase the best electric shower you can find, you’ll definitely have an easier time to control the temperature of your water. All you need to do is to connect your unit to an outlet that provides cold water, and the electric shower will heat up the cold water when it runs through the unit. Read on and see how electric showers can benefit you.
Five Electric Shower Brands Reviews
- 1 Five Electric Shower Brands Reviews
- 1.1 Triton Showers- Triton Seville Electric Shower
- 1.2 Creda-All Chrome Electric Shower
- 1.3 Mira Showers- Advance ATL Thermostatic Electric Shower
- 1.4 Bristan- Glee Electric Shower, Black
- 1.5 GROHE- Electric Shower – White/Frosted Granite
- 1.6 Triton Showers- Triton Martinique Electric Shower
- 1.7 Mira Showers Jump Multi-Fit Electric Shower Kit in, White & Chrome
- 2 Benefits of Buying an Electric Shower
- 3 What to look for when choosing an electric shower
- 4 Conclusion
Triton Showers- Triton Seville Electric Shower
This is one of the most affordable electric showers in the market that is preferred because of its sleek design. It also comes with a double temperature protection outlet that decreases the heat automatically if ever it gets too hot. The second sensor will then turn off the heat if the operating conditions are too hot. It comes with a three option power control dial that allows you to control the temperature of the water whether to make it hot, lukewarm, or cold.
- Double Temperature Control Sensor
- Three Option Power Control
- Multiple Cable and Water Entry Point for Replacement
- Easy to Clean Shower Head
- 2-Year Warranty in the UK
Creda-All Chrome Electric Shower
A more stylish designed electric shower that has a classy look. It has a temperature stabilizer which features an electronic shutdown. This makes the shower safer than most. It has a push start and stops button which enables the user to switch to default settings. There is also a dial that allows you to choose the heat strength for your shower.
- It includes a riser rail, anti-hose, and multi-mode option in the shower head.
- It has a power selector that enables easy temperature change.
- It has 3 temperature options to choose from.
- It has a three-year manufacturer guarantee in the UK.
Mira Showers- Advance ATL Thermostatic Electric Shower
This electric shower is known to be one of the best electric shower in the market because of its high Kilowatt rating and safety features. It also has very easy-to-operate thermostat features that allow you to control the temperature using an actual thermostat dial.
- It has a Kilowatt rate of 9kW.
- It has a BEAB CARE mark of approval.
- It has a classy chrome finish.
- It has a thermostat dial that you can control with +/- 1 degrees.
- It has very easy-to-use controls.
Bristan- Glee Electric Shower, Black
This shower operates at a pressure of 0.7-10.0 bar and is made out of plastic. It has a powerful flow rate of 4.5 liters per minute, which makes it one of the strongest in the market. It also has a digital display that shows the temperature that the unit currently has. Moreover, it comes with a temperature control device that allows it to stabilize the temperature when it gets too extreme.
- It is made out of high-grade plastic construction.
- It has a pressure ranging from 0.7 bars to 10.0 bar.
- It is BEAB approved.
- It has adjustable brackets.
- It has a digital temperature display.
- It has a thermal cut out feature for safety.
- It has a pressure relief feature for safety.
- It has three main options for power and another temperature dial.
- Lastly, it has a phased shutdown feature for cleansing out the hot water after turning off.
GROHE- Electric Shower – White/Frosted Granite
This comes with three different spray patterns for your preference. This shower is very known for its constant and powerful spray which makes the water flow very consistent. It also has a GROHE Starlight chrome finish, which makes it scratch resistant and very durable.
- It’s three spray options are the tain type, smart rain type, and the jet type
- It has a dream spray feature for the best water consistency.
- It has a strong finish which makes it resistant to scratches.
- The Speedclean feature is a phased shutdown feature which immediately removes limescale.
- It comes with a shockproof silicone ring so that it doesn’t.
- The spray zoom feature allows the rain mode to have a very focused jet type of spray.
- It comes with a two-year warranty.
Triton Showers- Triton Martinique Electric Shower
This is one of the most economical showerheads as it is known for it being able to save water. It also has a very high Kilowatt rate of 10.5kW, the highest of all showers. It is controlled easily with a stop or start button with a temperature dial. It also is limescale resistant and can flush out the limescale from the shower head. In addition, it boasts five different spray effects.
- It has a quick phased shutdown feature for quickly flushing limescale.
- It has three options for power control.
- It makes use of slimline technology.
- It has five shower spray patterns.
- It has a two-year warranty in the UK.
Mira Showers Jump Multi-Fit Electric Shower Kit in, White & Chrome
This shower is one of the most beautifully designed ones in the market with a classy white chrome finish. It also features a multi-fit feature. It also comes with a temperature dial so that it’s easy to pick the best temperature for you. It comes with a push button with an eco setting that saves water. It also has a clearscale technology type that flushes out limescale.
- It has a Kilowatt rating of 10.8kW, which is extremely strong as compared to most brands.
- It comes with a thermostat dial and a three option power setting.
- It allows dual terminal blocks.
- It has a clearscale technology for clearing limescale.
Benefits of Buying an Electric Shower
Why should you bother yourself with an electric shower? Well, if you haven’t got one already, the following benefits will convince you to make that purchase:
- 1. It Allows You to Control The Temperature Any Time
Electric shows have a dial that lets you control the temperature just like a thermostat. This thermostat allows you to change the temperature any time you want. If you feel the water is too hot or too cold, you can adjust to the temperature that is comfortable. The best electric showers are also great for bathtub users because it lets you to heat up the tub right away. Even if you have the best bathtub or baby bath tub, it’ll be easier to heat the water if you have the best power shower you can find.
- 2. It is Energy Saving
Because you can control the heat, you can also control the amount of energy used. If you don’t use too much heat, you can save energy. The best shower head has the best energy saving feature.
- 3. It Has Low Pressure
Because electric showers do not need an existing pump heater like a hot tub or walk in tub does, it doesn’t make showering problematic due to low water pressure. If ever you have a low-pressure problem, having a shower with its own heating system will really be able to help.
- 4. It Saves Money
Since it saves energy, it also, in turn, saves money on your electricity bills. This is why the best electric shower are usually the ones that have a dial thermostat so that you can control the temperature to whatever degree you want. This also allows you to control your electricity bill because you’ll know where to cut down.
- 5. It Allows Consistent Temperature at a Certain Degree
There are some showers that suddenly change from one temperature to another because these types rely on a boiler that is connected to the shower unit. However, since an electrical shower has its own heating unit, it doesn’t need to rely on getting hot water from the boiler which makes it more stable. This, in turn, allows you to have a consistent temperature when you shower. You won’t have to worry about the water suddenly becoming cold or extremely hot because once you’ve set the temperature at a certain degree, it will already be constant all the way.
What to look for when choosing an electric shower
Buying an electric shower is actually quite a big decision because it entails knowing exactly what you’re looking for. If you buy an electric shower that doesn’t suit your individual taste and preferred features, then you might end up regretting your purchase. If you want to get the best out of your purchase, then it pays to know exactly what you are looking for. Here are a few things that you should look out for when you are buying an electric shower:
The first thing that you should do is to check the thermostat. A thermostatic feature enables the shower to control the degree of temperature you want the water to be. This helps you adjust the coldness or hotness of the water when you are not comfortable with the existing temperature anymore. A good shower has a dial type thermostat that allows you to comfortably adjust the temperature so that you won’t have too hot of water or too cold. Those thermostat dials with a fixed number of heating options (cold, med, hot) are not too bad; however, they don’t give you full control over the temperature like the thermostat dials do.
It’s always good to have a shower that has an adjustable riser rail bracket. These brackets are good because you can install them right after you take out your old one. You can use the existing drill holes so that you don’t need to drill new ones. Those that don’t have adjustable rail brackets are not easy to install because you need to drill new holes all over again.
This phased shutdown feature helps in decreasing the limescale buildup in the shower. What it does is that it lets cold water run through the system for a few minutes right after you switch your shower off. This way, the cold water can clean the system and prevent the build up. It’s good to look for a shower that has a phased shutdown with ample amount of time for the cleansing.
Kilowatt rating determines the power of the water flow or simply flow rate. There are usually three options for Kilowatt rating: 8.5kW, 9.5kW, and 10.5kW. The higher the number of Kilowatts, the stronger the flow will be. If you are looking for a shower head that has a very strong flow, buy the one with the higher Kilowatt rating. So far, the highest would be 10.5kW, but there are a few brands that offer slightly higher with one of the highest Kilowatt rating being 10.8kW which the Mira Jump Multi-Fit 10.8kW (2014) Electric Shower Kit in White & Chrome (1.1788.012) possesses.
Out of the choices given above, the best would definitely be the Bristan Glee Electric Shower. This is simply because the features of this brand already provide what a user should be looking for in an electric shower. It also adds some good added features as well. It comes with adjustable brackets, a limescale clearing feature, and a temperature dial. Some of the added features it has would be the digital temperature display feature, the thermal cut out and pressure relief safety features, and a three option power dial separate from the thermostat dial. It is also BEAB approved which makes it the ideal product for your preference.
In order to make the best choice for the best electric shower, it’s really important to compare a few brands to see which ones fit you the most. This is why it will really help if you go through a lot of electric shower reviews so that you can see the features and the advantages of each brand. This will help you narrow down your choices and pick the best one.