Choosing the best infrared heating pad for your specific needs can be difficult, given the number of options available in the market. To help you out, however, we’ve put together of the best ones currently on offer.
Infrared heating pads fire infrared rays into the body to treat pain, but not all of them are the same in terms of their capacities and effects. Here are our top choices for the best infrared heating pad.
Reviews of Top 7 Infrared Heaters
- 1 Reviews of Top 7 Infrared Heaters
- 1.1 1. UTK®Far Infrared Natural Jade & Tourmaline Heating Pad Mat for Pain Relief, Travel Bag Included
- 1.2 2. Far Infrared Electric Heating Pad with, W/Graphene Fast Heating Technology, 3 Heat-Settings, Safe for Back Cramps Arthritic Pain Relief
- 1.3 3. Graphene Far Infrared Electric Heating Pad, 3 Heat-Settings for Neck Shoulder Cramps Back Pain Relief
- 1.4 4. BACKRESCUE by Dr. James Far Infrared Heating Pad Pro Quality, Fast Pain Relief At Home
- 1.5 5. Far Infrared Heating Pad, Hot Stone Therapy, Negative Ions, 50 2in Pieces Natural Gemstones
- 1.6 6. Far Infrared Amethyst Mat – 72inL x 24inW – Therapy Mat – Adjustable Temp – Auto Shut-Off – No EMF – (Soft and Flexible)
- 1.7 7. Far Infrared Mini Heating Mat Pad With Amethyst & Tourmaline Crystal Radiant Heat Therapy (20″ X 31″) FDA Registered Manufacturer – Adjustable Temp Settings – Comfortably Flexible Order Today & Feel Betterr!
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Factors to Consider When Buying
- 4 Conclusion
1. UTK®Far Infrared Natural Jade & Tourmaline Heating Pad Mat for Pain Relief, Travel Bag Included
We start out with the UTK heating pad, which most infrared heating pad reviews has given great reviews. What made it part of this list would be the numerous health benefits that it brings, thanks to jade and tourmaline stones it uses.
Besides its good effects on the stomach and digestive processes, UTX can help:
- Increase collagen production
- Make the membranes of your cells become more permeable
- Strengthen the immune system
- Fortify the autonomic nervous system
2. Far Infrared Electric Heating Pad with, W/Graphene Fast Heating Technology, 3 Heat-Settings, Safe for Back Cramps Arthritic Pain Relief
The SkyGenius model comes with 4 expensive 4” x 6” graphene films, rather than the usual jade or tourmaline stones. The advantage of having this is that the graphene’s infrared rays have a wavelength that is compatible with the wavelength of the body’s infrared rays.
The 6 – 19 microns of wavelength of graphene makes its infrared rays easily absorbable by the body. Experiments done on this material actually led to a Nobel Prize in Physics for the brains behind the idea, Kostya Novesolov and Andre Geim.
3. Graphene Far Infrared Electric Heating Pad, 3 Heat-Settings for Neck Shoulder Cramps Back Pain Relief
One-inch longer than the SkyGenius unit, the BriGenius model is also a graphene-based infrared heater unit, although it comes with only 2 heating films.
These innovative heating films, coupled with its 12V DC output power adapter, make it a good unit to choose if you’re quite wary of the possibilities of electric shock or burning.
Aesthetic-wise, its cover is super soft, and that’s not an exaggeration. In fact, the lightweight fabric used for the cover has been described by some users to be the most comfortable fabric they’ve ever touched.
4. BACKRESCUE by Dr. James Far Infrared Heating Pad Pro Quality, Fast Pain Relief At Home
The entire 32” length of this heating mat and its powerful heating capacity guarantee coverage of the full spine with up to 8 inches of muscle penetration. A one-time, 30-minute session can help relieve any pain or tension completely.
If you have been using infrared sauna or infrared light therapy lamps without getting any good results, this 135-jade-stone heating pad is a much cheaper and more effective alternative.
5. Far Infrared Heating Pad, Hot Stone Therapy, Negative Ions, 50 2in Pieces Natural Gemstones
This small HL version is comparable to the UTK version as both uses tourmaline and jade. But if you think numbers rule, then the HL might be the better option for you.
With over 20 tourmaline stones, the HL has a higher capacity to help your body prevent unhealthy retention of water. This is compared to the UTK’s which only 18 tourmaline stones. HL is also packed with 52 jade stones as against the measly number of 30 jade stones in the UTK unit.
6. Far Infrared Amethyst Mat – 72inL x 24inW – Therapy Mat – Adjustable Temp – Auto Shut-Off – No EMF – (Soft and Flexible)
HEALTHYLINE is your go-to if you’re looking for mats that can provide you with ample surface area as well as power. This bigger version is not just an upgraded copy of their smaller units. In fact, it has more than twice the negative ions that the smaller unit emits.
Apart from the size dissimilarity, this bigger infrared heating pad includes amethyst in addition to jade and tourmaline stones that are also used in the smaller version.
What can you get from amethyst? This crystal is associated with healing of the physical impairments of the nervous system, curing of insomnia and nightmares and balancing of the crown chakra.
7. Far Infrared Mini Heating Mat Pad With Amethyst & Tourmaline Crystal Radiant Heat Therapy (20″ X 31″) FDA Registered Manufacturer – Adjustable Temp Settings – Comfortably Flexible Order Today & Feel Betterr!
If you’re looking for mats that use the healing stone amethyst, then this Charmed Fir Mats offering might be the best infrared amethyst mat to consider. Although there are no jade stones which you can find in the combination of the big mat version of the HL, it is just as effective; making use amethyst and tourmaline stones to work on your pain points.
This one has 16 layers of heating stones and can provide 6 inches of infrared absorption into the body. Because of the 17 layers of padded covering, it is also one of the comfiest mats around.
Three questions you should ask when buying this type of product:
- What’s the size?
You should be clear about the size and the area of heat coverage.
- What are the benefits of the heating elements?
As much as possible, you would want to know its features and how it can benefit you. Which stones are better for your needs? What gives you more for the money you’re going to spend? This is especially important since we’re talking about your health and the fact that you’re investing in it.
- How safe it is?
This is a non-medical approach to relieving pain and stress. Check out the side effects that users experience. If something seems unclear, a bit of research would do you plenty of good before buying a unit.
Factors to Consider When Buying
Several factors come into play for a wise buying choice:
As you may have seen, the items in our list come with an average of 22 – 24 inches for width. The length, however, tend to vary a lot.
It is important that you consider the space you’ll be using the mat in and the size of the person who will be using it. If the intention is to use a pad on certain specific areas of the body, check out the smaller offerings.
There’s no use sleeping with a big heating mat when you only need to treat your neck or a specific area in your lower back—it is not very cost effective.
Different stones can provide you with different benefits. This is a particularly small detail, but one that could boost the effectivity of the product depending on your personal needs. Always look into your own condition and which type of heating material fits it best.
Of course, people have different budgets to consider. For the most part, the items in our list can provide you with ample benefits without costing you an arm and a leg. You can start small or with the more affordable units if this is your first time using this product.
We think that this is one of the most important factors. After all, heat is the main thing that helps relieve pain. If you’re able to, visiting a store and testing out the item would be best.
Do note, however, that some heating pads heat quickly to the point where it can burn your skin. It’s always good to do a bit of extra research to make sure you’re getting the right product.
Fact is: the deeper infrared rays penetrate, the more healing it is. This is another important consideration and penetration depth between models do vary greatly. Make sure you are clear with your doctor. Does he approve of your choice? Is the depth of penetration enough for your particular condition? For bone problems, always speak to your doctor before purchasing a unit.
These devices come with a hefty price especially the bigger ones, so you will need to prepare storage space for them. Since these are an investment, keeping them where they won’t get damaged is key.
Consider this: Will you have help around you whenever you use the product? If you’ll be setting everything up by yourself, or even with the help of one other person, weight is an issue. The easier a unit is to set up, the better. This also helps you avoid the need to depend on another person for help or be stressed out each time you try and use the unit.
So, among the many different models we’ve discussed, which one do we consider to be the best overall? Well, that’ll be the HL 72 x 24 inches. It’s got all the basic factors covered and delivers a bit more. For people who are new to using heating pads, this also makes for a good beginner unit.
The three different stones embedded in the unit would be effectively for almost every kind of nervous, digestive, cardiovascular, mental, emotional and respiratory issue is covered.
This HL unit also passes with flying colors when it comes to depth penetration, convenient storage, great body coverage and comfortable temperature range. Do note that extra care for this unit must be given on account of its high price.
Overall, we feel that this is a good FAMILY unit which, with great care, can be used for many years without needing a replacement. Remember, if you’re investing your hard-earned money and have specific health needs that require attention, this is among the best infrared heating pad available in the market.