Allow yourself the luxurious decadence of a steam shower room in your own home. In many instances, your shower enclosure can double up as a steam shower cabin merely by attaching a different shower head and making a few other changes. For those more inclined to decadence, you can install a full steam shower unit and cubicle for your relaxation pleasure while upscaling your bathroom as well.
In order to help you decide on the best steam shower around, we have compiled a few steam shower reviews and some additional information to help you decide which is the best home steam shower for your purposes.
Best Steam Shower Reviews
- 1 Best Steam Shower Reviews
- 1.1 Ariel Platinum DZ959F8-BLK-L Steam Shower
- 1.2 Luxury KBM 9001 Bathtub, Steam Shower Room Enclosure
- 1.3 Constar Steam Shower Room with Whirlpool Tub
- 1.4 Kokks 42″ x 42″ x 83″ Corner Shower Enclosure
- 1.5 Eagle Bath Sliding Door Steam Shower Enclosure Unit
- 1.6 Arial Bath Platinum Sliding Door Steam Shower with Tub
- 1.7 Lifetime Bath Mind Relaxation Spa Massage 2015 Milano Acrylic Steam Shower Unit
- 1.8 Maya Bath Superior Steam Shower Sauna With Jetted Jacuzzi Whirlpool massage
- 2 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 3 Things to Consider Before Buying a Home Steam Shower
- 4 Tips on Using a Steam Shower
- 5 Conclusion
There are very many different steam showers to choose from, so we have made our selection using a cross section of different steam showers.
Ariel Platinum DZ959F8-BLK-L Steam Shower
Indulge yourself in the pure relaxing pleasure of the Aerial Platinum left side model steam shower. With all the pros of a 6KW steam generator and the added health benefits, you no longer need to to the gym or spa to experience this pleasure.
- Six (6) body acupressure massage jets
- A handheld shower head as well as rainfall ceiling shower
- A 6KW steam generator that produces high temperatures within two minutes
- Overheat protection
- Chromatherapy lighting
- An aromatherapy system
- An installed FM radio
- 220 Volt installation
- A teak wooden floorboard finish
- A ventilation fan
Luxury KBM 9001 Bathtub, Steam Shower Room Enclosure
If you want all the bells and whistles in your steam room, then this one is most certainly for you! Including a bath, rain shower head, hand held shower, and more added extras, this free-standing unit certainly ticks all the boxes you could possibly dream about! Plus, leakage is prevented by means of a water proof plastic belt around the shower room.
- A large monsoon rain shower head
- A multifunction sliding hand-held shower and rinser
- Pulsating back jets to get to those difficult to reach spots
- A foot massager
- A 3kw steam generator
- A rectangularly shaped bathtub with comfortable head rest
- Six body massage jets
- Computer panel controlled FM radio
- Hand free phone
- Loudspeaker and microphone
- Fluorescent lighting ceiling lamps (blue)
- Remote control
- Fog free mirrors and glass
- Copper colored faucets and accessories with chrome plated trim and handles
- Ventilator fan
Constar Steam Shower Room with Whirlpool Tub
When space is an issue, the combination steam shower and whirlpool tub is the ultimate luxury. Not only do you get the benefit of a relaxing whirlpool tub with all its benefits, but the added advantage of a steam shower as well. If you want your pie and you want to eat it as well, this combo is the ultimate in luxury solutions.
- A whirlpool tub and roof made of 4mm thick acrylic capped ABS for easy cleaning
- A reinforced tub bottom
- Standard functions include: on/off switch button, faucet, pillow, a water pump, and electronic heat protection
- Steam room walls consist of 5mm tempered glass
- Rubber seals negates the need for silicon for waterproofing
- Steam room features a rainfall shower, multi-functional sliding handle shower, 6 back massage jets, a computer control pad, FM/CD connector, hand free phone receiver, loudspeaker, digital timer/temperature display, roof light, foot massage feature, ventilation fan, and fog free mirrors and glass.
Kokks 42″ x 42″ x 83″ Corner Shower Enclosure
This large, luxury, free standing unit is packed with many features that will set your heart on fire and ease your tired muscles at the end of the day. The added extras are a sure-fire winning solution for even the most difficult to please person.
- 6 body massage jets
- An overhead rainfall shower
- A computer controlled touch panel
- An MK-117 steam generator
- An Ozonator
- Fog free mirrors and glass enclosure
- A telephone answering system
- Blue fluorescent lights (background and overhead)
- A ventilator fan
- FM Radio and loudspeaker
- A pre-installed mixer valve
Eagle Bath Sliding Door Steam Shower Enclosure Unit
These unit are fully loaded, sporting all the extras that add to your relaxation (and therapeutic) pleasure! The hydro-massage jets are designed to enhance your steam shower experience. Indulge yourself and relax in this steam bath enclosure, free from your work problems and concentrate only on yourself.
Arial Bath Platinum Sliding Door Steam Shower with Tub
Sporting a contemporary design for the discerning home owner, this shower and tub combo ticks all the boxes. The epitome of style, this unit gives you a bathtub and steam shower combination, making it the perfect addition to the bathroom where space of limited but style is the requirement.
- A computer control panel with a timer
- A drain with a trap is included
- Has an overhead rainfall shower and separate hand held shower head
- Chromotherapy as well as aromatherapy function
- Includes overheating protection
- Has a built in FM radio
- Includes built in seating
- Surrounding clear panel tempered glass
- Sports a neo-angle, sliding door design
- Shower base included
- Includes whirlpool massage jets
- Steam sauna has a self-cleaning function
Lifetime Bath Mind Relaxation Spa Massage 2015 Milano Acrylic Steam Shower Unit
The Milano steam shower unit gives uncompromising quality with a 100% spa experience. The manufacturers thought of and incorporated a host of relaxation principles in the design, including acupressure therapy, a foot massage, and even an aromatherapy feature.
- MP3/MP4 compatibility
- FM radio with audio frequency output
- A high-quality speaker system
- Unit is reinforced with durable fiberglass backing
- Has a solid aluminum alloy frame
- Tempered glass surround
- Storage shelves
- Contains a 4-liter fridge for beverages
- Computerized LCD control display (for power, lights, fan, radio, and so on)
- Includes an aromatherapy steam box
- Ozone sterilization equipment
- Steam shower is self-cleaning
- Fog free mirror
- Removable foot massage
- Fluorescent mood lighting and underwater LED lights
Maya Bath Superior Steam Shower Sauna With Jetted Jacuzzi Whirlpool massage
Talk about pulling out all the stops! This unit not only has every conceivable feature but you get to watch your favorite movie or game while chilling out in stylish comfort. The red of this unit spells one thing: decadent luxury at its best!
- Steam shower and hydro massage bath unit in one
- Features a 12” digital TV
- Has a touchscreen control panel
- Is Bluetooth compatible
- Has a 5KW steam generator and thermostatically controlled water temperature for your added comfort
- Transparent from window
- Tinted glass and stainless steel hinged doors and fixtures
- 10 acupuncture jets
- 16 whirlpool jets
- Fog free mirror
- Foot massage feature
- Fluorescent mood lighting
- Hands-free telephone
- Underwater LED lights
- Hand grips
- 2 handheld adjustable shower heads
- A pedal drain
- A waterfall inlet
- An emergency alarm
- Rainfall ceiling shower
- Water resistant remote control
- FM radio and surround sound speakers
- Ventilation fan
- Storage shelves
- Automatic safety shutoff
Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
The stressful lives we lead today often leaves us with health problems, aching muscles, and stressed out. A steam shower, in the not so distant future, may not be seen only as a luxurious indulgence, but a health necessity.
That being said, steam showers offer many health benefits:
- It eases the symptoms of cold and flu
- It improves your circulation
- It helps relieve muscular aches and pains
- It relaxes the body, helping get rid of the stress most of us suffer from
- It may increase your pulse rate and increase your metabolism
- It is great for opening pores in your skin, helping you get rid of toxins
Things to Consider Before Buying a Home Steam Shower
There is no getting around the health and relaxation benefits you get from a steam shower.But before you go ahead and purchase one, take the time to consider the following points.
- An enclosed space that is insulated: When you install your shower, you need to remember that it will be totally enclosed and insulated. This is to keep the steam inside, while the door needs to be water-tight
- Take note of the maximum ceiling height: If your ceiling is higher than the height of your steam shower unit, or your ceiling design is not standard, you may need to add a higher rated steam generator because of the added volume.
- Your seating: Make sure your seating is slightly sloped for comfort. You may spend a lot of time in your steam shower, so making sure your seating is comfortable is important
- The floor Ensure you have a non-slip floor. Slipping and falling is a health hazard.
- Your plumbing: Before installing your steam room of choice, make sure to ensure your plumbing connections support it.
- Your power requirements: Make sure your steam shower complies with your home’s electric requirements. You may need to install a separate circuit breaker for your steam room.
Tips on Using a Steam Shower
- Hydrate: Even although a steam shower is wet heat, you can still easily dehydrate. So drink plenty of water before taking a steam shower.
- Preheat: Activate the steam shower function about ten minutes before getting in because it does not easily get to the maximum heat when someone is inside it.
- Be quick about getting in: Keep the door open as short a time as possible so that steam and heat does not escape.
- Turn on the extras: Once you relax in your steam shower, turn on the optional extras such as the radio, aromatherapy function, etc.
- The grand finale: You can sit in your steam shower for anything between fifteen to thirty minutes. Once you are nicely relaxed, turn off the steam function and turn on the shower. Once done, open the doors to allow the steam out.
- Hydrate: You lose a lot of water via sweat. So to ensure you do not faint or get a headache, make sure to drink a glass or two of water after your shower.
Picking the best steam shower from the roundup is a difficult task. Each unit has its own unique qualities that make it an excellent option. However, if we had to pick only one, the prize would go to the Maya Bath Superior Steam Shower Sauna With Jetted Jacuzzi Whirlpool massage. It has just about every luxury imaginable, with a few extra thrown in. The extra storage shelves, television, and emergency button (a great safety feature), just gives it that extra edge over its competitors.