Tips To Healthy Swimming
Swimming is one of the most interesting sports event that offers physical fitness with lots of fun. People who adapt the habit of regular swimmers are physically and psychologically stronger with a positive attitude towards life. People of all age groups and gender can be a part of these interestingly fun sport, the prime motive of these swimming pool games and training centers is to provide freshness to human body from the regular stress and pressure of today’s world with a hint of fitness.
If you want to enjoy this sport it is very important that you opt to swim healthy through a healthy medium. When we go to a swimming club or any other swimming training institute we avail their swimming facilities by thinking that we are swimming in safe and clean water which has been treated with proper disinfectants and chlorine. In reality the true purpose of these disinfectant and chlorines are never achieved because before killing germs these disinfectants are mixed up with the sweat or even the pee that is present in the water.
Your health along with that of your loved ones is in your hands, it is your responsibility to make sure that germs are kept away from the water which is used for the purpose of swimming. You, your friends, your families and people in your locality, share the commonly provided swimming facility. Therefore, it is the duty of all swimmers to keep other swimmers safe from the germs. Achieving this goal is not that hard, there are some simple yet significant tips that can be utilized in order to ensure the safety of all swimmers.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, make sure that you are staying out of the swimming pool water for the health and hygiene of people around you.
- Always take the shower before entering the pool.
- Don’t ever pee in the swimming pool water.
- Avoid swallowing of swimming water for your own health.
There are some important kid’s heath protection tips that can be adopted during their swimming sessions like:
- Take regular breaks in the bathroom.
- Check and change your baby’s diapers in the changing room.
- Use sunscreen.
- Provide proper fluid to the body.
The required disinfectant and chlorine level for pools are
- Pool: chlorine level (1-3 mg/L or [ppm]) and pH (7.2–7.8)
- Hot tubs and spa: chlorine [2-4 ppm] or bromine [4–6 ppm] and pH [7.2–7.8].
These are the duties and responsibilities of the people who adopt the habit of swimming in their life, but apart from that the organizers and club management board should also ensure that the proper amount of chlorine and pH level are maintained before anyone gets in the water and you can check that by using pool test strips which are available at your nearest superstore. Follow these steps and swim healthy.