Types of portable saunas.
- 1 Types of portable saunas.
- 2 Benefits of Portable Saunas.
- 3 Top 7 Portable Sauna Reviews
- 3.1 Radiant Saunas BSA6310 Rejuvenator Portable Sauna
- 3.2 Far Infrared Portable Sauna + Negative Ion Detox
- 3.3 Gizmo Supply 1000 W Portable Therapeutic Infrared Sauna spa
- 3.4 100% Far Infrared Portable Sauna
- 3.5 Durherm X Large EMF Free Negative Ion FIR Infrared Portable Indoor Sauna.
- 3.6 Personal Steam Sauna SPA Portable Therapeutic Weight Loss For Body.
- 3.7 Durherm Portable Personal Folding Home Steam Sauna.
- 4 My conclusions about portable sauna reviews.
There are basically two types of portable saunas, the first type is a portable far infrared sauna. The second type is a traditional portable steam sauna. Both of these types of sauna as do what they are supposed to efficiently.
A traditional steam sauna as opposed to the infrared variety uses radiant heat to warm air which then heats up your skin and body. An infrared sauna heats your body directly without having any effect on the air around you. The whole idea of an infrared sauna is that it can produce traditional results in a human body at much lower temperatures than a conventional sauna.
Portable FAR Infrared Sauna.
Just what is a portable FAR infrared sauna? An infrared sauna is basically a type of portable sauna that uses light to create heat. Sometimes an infrared sauna will be called a far-infrared sauna. “FAR” just tells you whereabouts on the light spectrum the infrared waves used by that particular sauna fall. If you are contemplating buying a portable infrared sauna then you should probably first of all read some portable sauna reviews to determine which one is the best for your needs. There are numerous portable infrared saunas available on the market and the best portable infrared sauna will be listed on any website that does portable infrared sauna reviews.
Portable Steam Saunas.
Steam saunas will heat a room more than an infrared sauna and the other major difference other than the temperature is going to be the humidity, generally an infrared sauna will only supply a humidity of around 20%, whereas a steam sauna will raise the humidity to up to 65%. Visiting any type of sauna is not recommended for people who have already had a stroke or a heart attack. For steam saunas, look for best portable steam sauna reviews.
Benefits of Portable Saunas.
A sauna can help with certain medical conditions, high blood pressure being the main one with rheumatoid arthritis being the next most beneficial.
The main thing everyone should know about portable infrared saunas is that there are no adverse effects reported at all so if you are thinking about having a sauna as a form of relaxation, why not. Another benefit of a portable sauna of either type is of course the fact that they are portable. Being able to take your sauna with you when you travel can be a great benefit. Again to find the lightest most efficient equipment for your needs you should read
Top 7 Portable Sauna Reviews
Radiant Saunas BSA6310 Rejuvenator Portable Sauna
This portable sauna is rated one of the best solo saunas available. Nearly every person who has reviewed the sauna however says for the money it is excellent value. The overall package of this portable sauna weighs in at just under 9 kg or 18 lbs, so it can be moved by one person quite easily as that weight puts it under the average suitcase used to traveling.
- One complaint about this sauna is the length of time it takes to heat up, some people saying on reviews that it is too slow.
- The sauna comes with 6 preset temperature options.
- Like nearly all portable saunas the chair/stool supplied is not the best.
- Setting up your portable sauna is dead easy, no tools are required at all.
- It comes with a solid hardwood dowel frame support system and the portable chair is a quick set type with Oxford canvas fabric.
- It also has a one-year limited warranty.
Far Infrared Portable Sauna + Negative Ion Detox
This portable sauna has a reputation for being a rugged little number, it is very solidly made and people say it is both great to detox and for weight loss.
- The sauna uses carbon fibre heating panels and has intelligent temperature automatic presets, with automatic safety features.
- Weighing in at under 18 lbs this sauna is easily portable.
- The only major complaint this portable sauna seems to attract is that the chair that comes with the sauna is both too small and too low. People with arthritis find this chair almost impossible to use but most people have bought a basic camping chair for a few dollars to replace it without drama.
Gizmo Supply 1000 W Portable Therapeutic Infrared Sauna spa
This portable sauna has a few more features than average. It is designed to set up and then fold up very quickly and easily without any tools. The power input of courses 1000 W meaning the sauna will heat up to a maximum of 140°F within 5 minutes.
- It has a timer system that goes from 5 minutes to one hour.
- Has ordered a temperature control for safety.
- A fully removable neck collar for cleaning.
- Its folding chair has arms and looks like a camping chair.
- The whole package weighs in at 18 lbs so it can be moved by one person.
- Most complaints revolve again around the chair but seem to be from people who weigh 160+ pounds. Most of them said they replaced the chair that comes with the sauna with some kind of stool successfully.
- I did see a couple of people who commented that the heating units in this portable sauna are in the back and the sides, so those areas get all the heat at the start.
100% Far Infrared Portable Sauna
This particular portable sauna is well known for two things. Firstly, it is one of the fastest to heat up, it has all-round heating elements that heat up and produce a good sweat in a very fast time. It is also known for being able to comfortably accommodate larger people. A lot of the other reviews about this sauna state that the heat generated by it penetrates a lot deeper than cheaper, less well built models.
Some of the criticisms of this portable sauna are almost laughable.
- One major criticism is that it doesn’t look like a top grade sauna but none of them actually say what a top grade sauna is supposed to look like.
- Using a five-star rating as excellent and a one star rating as poor quality. I could not find a single one star rating of this portable sauna.
- No one even criticized the chair.
- This sauna weighs a whopping 32.5 pounds, which will make it not quite as portable as could be desired.
Durherm X Large EMF Free Negative Ion FIR Infrared Portable Indoor Sauna.
As the name might suggest, this portable infrared sauna is definitely designed for the larger persons. There are reviews of people who weigh in near 300 pounds having no trouble fitting inside this sauna. For its sheer size its weight of 25 pounds is quite surprising. One of the major selling point is the manufacturer uses to market this particular sauna is its low running costs. They are using three separate heaters made of high-tech superconductive and ultra-thin tourmaline panels exclusively manufactured for them in Japan. This effectively means this sauna uses about one quarter of the electricity of its nearest competitor.
- Most of the people who wrote a review do not like the chair. They seem to either replace it with a stool, a normal type camp chair or just do without a chair at all and sit on the floor.
- Other than that there seems to be no great problems with this particular item.
- The only one star review I found said that the item arrived with missing and loose stitching, the customer was given a full refund immediately but was still not happy.
Personal Steam Sauna SPA Portable Therapeutic Weight Loss For Body.
Even though this is called a steam sauna, it is actually marketed as a body spa. It is basically a giant bag that you attach the steam blower unit to and then get inside and turn it on. You can add things to the steam like essential oils. Most of them seem to come with some eucalyptus leaves for adding to the steam.
- This device the manufacturer says is designed to help you with weight loss.
- No other therapeutic items are mentioned. It says over and over again that it is portable but there is no indication anywhere on it how much it actually weighs.
- It does however come with a sticker on it that says not suitable for persons over 250 pounds.
- The biggest criticism about this particular item about it not coming with a chair. Remember that there is no chair in the package. Some sellers are offering to sell you an extra chair with it. But according to the reviewers, you can buy the same camping chair from one quarter of the price elsewhere.
- Another criticism is with the eucalyptus leaves. After they get soaked they tend to break up and then clog up the filters. According to users are extremely difficult to clean out.
Durherm Portable Personal Folding Home Steam Sauna.
This particular portable steam sauna seems to be the universal favorite pick of its reviewers. They all say it is very easy to set up. Very easy to operate and does an excellent job. As well as being easily the cheapest of all of the saunas reviewed here. This particular sauna seems to be very popular amongst a group of people who you would class as experienced sauna users. It does have some drawbacks but for the money asked you can’t go past it.
- First drawback, very tall people have said it is uncomfortable to sit in if you are using a stool or a folding chair to sit on.
- Sitting on the floor for a full body steam can be tricky, one reviewer said it very bluntly, keep your skin away from the steam outlets, he scalded his butt badly.
- Once assembled it will not fit through a standard sized door. To move it you either have to pack it up at least partially and then move it.
- It does not come with a chair but all sellers have a small plastic chair available for it at a reasonable price.
My conclusions about portable sauna reviews.
Depending on whether you want a dry (Infrared) sauna or a wet (steam) sauna. There are plenty of them available and all of them will do the job you want them to do. With some of them you need a little bit of patience because they do take a bit of time to heat. Most saunas are particularly helpful for rheumatoid arthritis but you will need a chair to sit on if you have arthritis. Not a single sauna reviewed was perfect according to all the people who bought it. You just need to decide what you want from a sauna. Then find the one that fit your needs best.